Dr. Patra Shovityakool, Ph.D.
Founder and Managing Director
Dr. Patra Shovityakool, Ph.D. obtained a Bachelor of Industrial Systems Engineering and a Master of Engineering Management from the University of Southern California, USA. She graduated with a Ph.D. degree in Science and Technology Education at the Mahidol University, Thailand. Her research “A Flexible Supply Chain Management Game” was published by International Journal Q2, Simulation & Gaming in USA.
Patra started her first professional career at the Boeing Company in 1997, in Huntington Beach, California, where she was selected as one of the four candidates for the 2 years Boeing Management Program for Space and Defense department. Only four engineer candidates were selected to join this program per year, countrywide. Boeing also sponsored her to obtain her master degree without any obligations. After her master degree completion, she joined the United Airlines as an Industrial Engineer, responsible for the Boeing777 maintenance program at the main maintenance center in San Francisco, California. In 2000, Patra was offered a position of a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at the Intel Corporation Development Center in Santa Clara, California. She joined Intel this time around as she once received the first offer back in 1997, but decided to join Boeing at that time.
After spending 15 years in the United States, she returned to Thailand and started working in the management level as the Logistics Manager at the Phillip Semi-Conductor. She then joined Green Spot Company, the producer of Vitamilk, as an Operation Specialist in Strategic Planning working closely with the CEO. She was also invited to hold the position of an advisor for public companies, including Krunghep Sophon Public Company Limited and the sub companies.
Apart from her professional career, she has been involved in the educational field. She has taught and lectured at various renown universities since 2004, for the undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. level. She restructured the Supply Chain and Logistics Management course for Mahidol University International College in 2004, and the course structure is still being applied today.
As for the field of consulting and corporate training, she has over to 10 plus years experience. Her consulting work has mostly focused on supply chain, logistics, and value chain improvements. She has trained executives at major international and local companies over a broad range of subjects, such as Lean Management, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, Modern Business Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Business Acumen. She has been invited as keynote speaker for many occasions, such as by the DEP (Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce) and Tesco Lotus on various topics.
Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in Science and Technology Education (Innovation Program) at the Mahidol University, Thailand
MS, Master of Science in Engineering Management at the University of Southern California, USA
BS, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Systems Engineering at the University of Southern California, USA
Professional Experiences in USA
- Intel Corporation - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- United Airlines (UAL) - Industrial Engineer
- The Boeing Company - Industrial Engineer
- The Southern California Gas Company - Facility Engineer
- Krunghep Sophon Public Company Limited
- K.W.C. Warehouse CO., LTD
- Krungdhep Document CO., LTD
- JS Global Entertainment Co., Ltd. (Union Hall)
- Siam Chatuchak Co., Ltd. (Union Mall)
Professional Experiences in Thailand
- Green Spot Company - Operation Specialist & Strategic Planning
- Philips Semiconductor (NXP) - Logistics Manager
- Mahidol University International College (MUIC) - International Logistics Management
- Mahidol University College of Management (CMMU) - Supply Chain Management & Business Simulation
- Chulalongkorn University - Aeronautics Engineering
- Silpakorn University - Project Management
- Bangkok University - Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Ramkhamhaeng University - Logistics Management
- Burapha University - Project Management & Business Simulation
- University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce - Logistics and the Distribution Strategies
- Assumption University (ABAC) - Marketing Logistics Management
- King Mongkut of Technology Thonburi - Project Management.
- Walailak University - Overall Supply Chain Introduction and Strategic Alliance